Update March 2018:
Plans to dramatically increase cultivation for this year are underway in several Provinces. Our partners at Arcadia are ramping up acreage dramatically. It's going to be a good year.
New technology and systems are coming on-stream this year. This video is from PowerZone in Colorado. Manufacturing machines for the hemp industry.
The farm machinery & processing technologies required for successful hemp farming are based upon the size and toughness of industrial cannabis crops.
We have been sourcing machinery from around the world to accomplish more efficient harvesting and processing of hemp stalk. Our work solves the logistical problem of hauling raw materials long distance to a central location. Valuable fibre and core materials are processed on-site, increasing the value and return from farm production.
• Combines: John Deere series Modified headers are used for taking the top section of the hemp crop for seed harvesting. Powerzone have developed a leaf collection wagon, the "Grasshopper", which rides behind standard grain threshers.
• Decorticators: Demonstrating the unique 'magic' of GREEN processing, new processing technology is forging a new equation in the industrial hemp sector. Baled stalk can be processed with similar results: superior fibre, increased yield, efficient & core hurd processing.
There are new decorticator projects that will reach the market in 2018. Stay in touch to get the latest. Sign up for our newsletter to get updates.
Powerzone Canfiber Bastcore
• Balers Standard hay balers will round-bale hemp crops. "Flax"-options provide parallel stalk orientation such as the Claas Variant 360
• Bale rippers Hustler Farm Products - New Zealand XP-1500 bale feeder.
• Mowers McDon swather with header. Typical hay mowers are often not up to the job. The height and thickness of the hemp stalk requires larger equipment to do an efficient job. This is a triple level mower developed in Europe.
Farm harvesting combines work well for seed crops. Modifications to standard equipment can be easily accomplished. Work from the Manitoba Department of Agriculture and the University of Manitoba is published here to assist farmers with the proper equipment.
Download the Hemp Windrower PDF paper via the combine left or here
Additional equipment to process hemp fibres can add substantial value and utility to farm operations. Machine technology (from 2-M Engineering) enables a hemp farm to add rope making systems at a low cost. This adds to the revenue generated and the useablity of crops harvested in agricultural communities. Hemp animal bedding creates another local-market value-added product line.
• Fibre openers
• Combing machinery
• Rope making equipment
• Mat making equipment
The Reports and the Patents pages have a list of current information.
Development of the hemp industry requires the work of a number of companies in the supply chain. Changing the cycle in this sector involves having both steady agricultural production and processing of industrial cannabis (hemp) in place and operational. Third critical phase is manufacturing and industrial consumers who use millions of tons of fibre and core hurd materials annually. Three areas must work together in the supply chain. Time to the Change the Cycle.
Manufacturing companies who would like information on materials, specifications & supply chain development are invited to contact Brandon Pitcher: http://bluecircledevelopment.com